Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying a formulas answers and not its calculation in VBA

I am creating a spreadsheet using matrices that allows you to add
pre-defined transformations to a triangle. I have a problem with
circular references because my macros have to copy and paste a lot of
calculations. for example the 'current coordinates of image' is a
formula mixing the original coordinates of the image with the current
matrix. Unfortunately this means that if i try and add more than one
transformation (which means the current cooridnates must be copied to
the original coordinates) i get the current coordinates trying to
divide by themselves.

Essentially what i need is a way of making the spreadsheet only copy
the answer to the formula not the calculation. I dont need it to be
live updated. is there a way of achieving this? I am new to excel and
VBA and am creating this spreadsheet for a school project. I can email,
post screenshots and provide more information if anyone can help me in
the slightest, i hope it is somethign obvious that im just missing.
Thanking you in advance.

--
kirby_t07
kirby_t07's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32835

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please mail ) your workbook with text
explaining expected results

I hope I can help

--
AP

"kirby_t07" a écrit
dans le message de

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's an option in Excel to paste values only (or other things):
Edit/Paste Special/Values

You can emulate this in VBA with

TargetRange.PasteSpecial XlPasteType:=xlPasteValues

kirby_t07 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have sent the email, apologize for taking so long, wasn't aware anyone
had replied . Hope you can help!

--
kirby_t07
kirby_t07's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32835
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526323

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's your workbook with a few modifications: http://cjoint.com/?dCokqBCQwv

I felt free to revise the syntax of your macros to make them clearer and
more concise.

HTH
--
AP