Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Active X Problem

I created an Excel file and used Active X to create some drop downs to
select several different functions related to graphing. It works fine on
a couple of PC's but on the 3rd all I get is an outline of the drop down
with a red X. I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 and all of the
Office updates, but that didn't help. Does anyone have any thoughts on
how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MaC MaC is offline

At first I suggest to check list of references in VBA environment
(Tools/References) and verify if there is no entry with "Missing"
description. If it is, give me a name of that item.

Mario

Uzytkownik "John" napisal w wiadomosci
I created an Excel file and used Active X to create some drop downs to
select several different functions related to graphing. It works fine on a
couple of PC's but on the 3rd all I get is an outline of the drop down with
a red X. I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 and all of the Office
updates, but that didn't help. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can
resolve this problem?

Thanks.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something to test while you're waiting for a good answer.

On the troublesome pc,

Close excel (and any other applications)
windows start button|Run
%temp%

Clean up as much stuff as you can.

Excel can get confused when there's lots of junk in the windows temp folder.

Post back if it works, er, even if it doesn't work.

Then google will have your results for the next victim.

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson