Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default return value from combo box

How do I find out what a user selected from a combo list. For example, if the
combo box list is A, B or C and they select B is there a way for me to
determine that in a macro.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are two types of combo boxes. For what you wnat to do i would recomend
getting the combo box from the controls toolbox (not the forms toolbar). When
you add this to a sheet it becomes embedded in the sheet. Right click on the
combobox and select properties. Give the combobox a descriptive name (like
cbxLetters).

Now in the code you can refer to it with

Sheet1.cbxLetters.Value

(Assuming the combo box is in sheet1)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"tbaam" wrote:

How do I find out what a user selected from a combo list. For example, if the
combo box list is A, B or C and they select B is there a way for me to
determine that in a macro.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I may have taken on more then I can handle but this is really what I am
trying to do.

I have a spreadsheet that has active filters being used. I am trying to make
a user form such that each combox is actually one of the possible choices in
each of the filters.

For example Column A has a choice of Jan. or Feb.
Column B is Spring Summer Winter or Fall

my user form has two combo boxes...one is Jan/Feb the other is
Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall

so when a use selects Jan spring the spreadsheet will filter that infor.

I already have the macro that filters etc....

So I thought if I could create the form and then read the choices all my
user ever needs to see is the form and the results.