Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default workbook_open option

Hi,

I have a file named Schedule Master.xls in which I manipulate and save as a
name+date.xls. When I open the Schedule Master, I have code to automatically
import a new set of data. However, if I need to open my name+date.xls files
in the future, I want to use the data already there...NOT download new data.

I'm wondering if I can enter code on the workbook_open event that will look
at the name of the file. If it is named Schedule Master, then run download
macro. IF it is not, then nothing. Any help and/or other ideas would be
wonderful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Aaron,

If ThisWorkbook.name = "Schedule Master" then
'download code here
endif

hth,

Doug