Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XP Developer Upgrade

I researched on the internet to purchase an UPGRADE verison from XP Office
Professional to XP Office Developer - but none of the websites have it in
stock.
I thought I purchased it at one site, but a day later I rec'd an email that
they were out of stock. I researched "How to Buy" on Microsoft, but was
unable to locate the upgrade.

Does anyone know where a upgrade version can be acquired?

Or do I have to purchase the full version?

Thank you
MSweetG222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AFAIK, there was no separate Developer "upgrade" for Office XP. Developer
stuff was only available with a purchase of the full Office XP Developers
Edition (ODE).

Office 2000 had a separate Developer's Tools "upgrade" so you could bring
Office 2000 Premium up to Office 2000 ODE level. Office 2003 Developer tools
are only available separately. Office XP Developer tools were only available
as part of the full Office XP Developers Edition.

Needless to say, marketing has been a bit inconsistent...

I'm guessing that whatever Office XP "upgrade" products you are seeing are
probably full Office XP ODE's for which Office 2000, Office 97, etc. would
be qualifying products, *not* Office XP Premium. Be sure you know what it's
supposedly "upgrading" and that you have a qualifying product. (Or, as you
say, buy the "full" version. 6 years later, is there really that much
difference in price?)

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"MSweetG222" wrote in message
I researched on the internet to purchase an UPGRADE verison from XP Office
Professional to XP Office Developer - but none of the websites have it in
stock.
I thought I purchased it at one site, but a day later I rec'd an email
that
they were out of stock. I researched "How to Buy" on Microsoft, but was
unable to locate the upgrade.

Does anyone know where a upgrade version can be acquired?

Or do I have to purchase the full version?

Thank you
MSweetG222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the info George.