Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Form problem over an Intranet

Hi

I've designed a VBA lookup form for a company using Excel 2000, VB6. I've
set it to autoload upon opening the Worksheet by using

ThisWorksheet
Private Sub Worksheet_Open()
frmMapping.Show
End Sub

Everything works fine on my Desktop version and also on the one posted on
the Company's intranet, except that (on the intranet version only), when you
switch to another application and then return the program hangs and you have
to end task via the Task Manager. Once this is closed, I've found the
original copy is still running in the background, so it appears to be trying
to load itself in twice after losing focus. It has been loaded onto the
intranet via Windows Explorer for Windows 2000.

Is there any way of resolving this, or must I force users to end the session
and create a new session every time with an Exit button and Application.Quit?

Any advice would be welcomed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doesn't matter, I've found a workaround.

In case anyone else has the same problem, The Form worked perfectly once the
it was closed and re-opened manually from inside Excel, but the Intranet
version did not understand the automation Workbook Open on first load, and
upon losing focus to another application it was trying to re-open the
Workbook and reload a second version of the Form over the first one, which
was causing it to hang.

I couldn't leave it up to users to close and reopen the form, so instead of
automatically loading, I've set a Command Button on the Worksheet to manually
load the form, which gets around the problem but I still have no idea why
this should happen.