Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default enable macros

Hi, I don't want to change the security on the user level, but have a file in
which I'd like to automatically enable macros when the file opens (meaning
not have to click on the yes to let macros run). The display alerts didn't
seem to work. I tried to search for an answer before posting this question,
but was unlucky. Thanks much,

Aaron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

pragmatically correct and an excellent answer. Just to add some peripheral
information, in xl2002 and xl2003, a running macro can change the security
setting when opening another file programmatically. But this has no
application to the question asked because it can't be employed by the file
being opened.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

There is no way thorough code to change the security level or enable macros.
If there was there would be no point to the security as a virus would just
disable the security or enable the macros...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson