Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Naming a workbook WITHOUT saving it?

? environ("temp")
C:\DOCUME~1\OgilvyTW\LOCALS~1\Temp

sPath = environ("temp") & "\"
activeworkbook.SaveAs sPath & "Myfile.xls"
' send the file
sName = Activeworkbook.Fullname
Activeworkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
Kill sName

Tom Ogilvy

"Maury Markowitz" wrote:

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

No, you must save it to name it.

However after sending it you could Kill it

kill "C:\Temp\Mybooks.xls"

Fair enough! Is \temp\ always available on C?

Maury

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

sPath = environ("temp") & "\"
activeworkbook.SaveAs sPath & "Myfile.xls"
' send the file
sName = Activeworkbook.Fullname
Activeworkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
Kill sName

Awsome, thanks. I've always wondered how to do that...

Maury
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy