Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I want to enter a name and have that person's photo appear. Help?

A simple roster of "Floor Personnel" will have entries for each position in
spreadsheet cells. I want to link the entries to hyperlinks with photos of
each person by name. When the name is entered, the photo is called into the
appropriate position.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure exactly what you want. Do you want to be able to select an employee
(e.g. from a combobox) and have that person's picture appear in a frame on
the worksheet? If so here is a simple way to set that up that works nicely
as long as all the pictures are about the same aspect ration (width to height
ratio):

1) Make your employee list with a column of names and a column beside it
that gives (as simple text) the path to the picture file. I named my range
"EmployeeList" for convenience.

2) On your worksheet from the drawing toolbar add a simple, regular
rectangle of the appropriate size for the picture (pay attention to the name
Excel gives it when you add it - probably "Rectangle 1" if it is the first
shape you added).

3) Set up a combobox from the Forms toolbar. Right-click to format the
control. Make the input range your employee list. Set up the cell link to a
convenient cell - I again used a named cell called "Employee" for convenience.

4) Now right-click the combobox and assign the following macro:
Sub DropDown1_Change()
Dim PicPath As String

PicPath = Range("EmployeeList").Cells(Range("Employee"), 2)
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Fill.UserPicture (PicPath)

End Sub

When you use the combobox to select a person's name their picture should
appear in the rectangle.

--
- K Dales

"Doyle Diener" wrote:

A simple roster of "Floor Personnel" will have entries for each position in
spreadsheet cells. I want to link the entries to hyperlinks with photos of
each person by name. When the name is entered, the photo is called into the
appropriate position.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Just take a look at the Brillaint solution :
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I want to enter a name and have that person's photo appear. He

Dear K Dales

I try all steps i get error in the end,

can you please attached example file??

thanks