Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using a disclaimer in excel

I have figured out the userform to create a disclaimer and it pops up when I
open the workbook but how do I get the work book to open/close according to
the selection they make. Right now it only closes via the cross, and the
option buttons in the user form don't do anything.

The code i am using to get the userform to come up is:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
PopQuiz.Show
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
End Sub

Answers in laymens terms please as i am a beginner!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the change event of the control

Private Sub Optionbutton1_Click()
if OptiongButton1.Value = True then
Unload me
ThisWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True
end if
End Sub

This code would go in the userform module. In the userform module, the "Me"
refers to that userform.

Tom Ogilvy

"Daniya" wrote:

I have figured out the userform to create a disclaimer and it pops up when I
open the workbook but how do I get the work book to open/close according to
the selection they make. Right now it only closes via the cross, and the
option buttons in the user form don't do anything.

The code i am using to get the userform to come up is:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
PopQuiz.Show
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
End Sub

Answers in laymens terms please as i am a beginner!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom

Thanks for your help but I didn't understand?!? Perhaps you can explain it a
bit mroe simply for me? I have only used VB today for the first time!

Thanks
Daniya

"Daniya" wrote:

I have figured out the userform to create a disclaimer and it pops up when I
open the workbook but how do I get the work book to open/close according to
the selection they make. Right now it only closes via the cross, and the
option buttons in the user form don't do anything.

The code i am using to get the userform to come up is:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
PopQuiz.Show
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
End Sub

Answers in laymens terms please as i am a beginner!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

See this tutorial here
http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004...g_userfor.html

How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
Microsoft Excel

Tom Ogilvy