Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default go to next cell after specified # of characters typed

I am using Excel as a form. Because Excel has a limitation on the number of
characters for each cell, and because I want the text that is entered to fit
neatly into the area reserved for "Comments", I have used Text Validation to
warn the user if he exceeds the maximum number of characters that is allowed
or will fit in the viewable area. However, Excel will let the user type as
many characters as they desire until the cell looses focus (enter, tab, or
click away). Only then will it warn the user that he has exceeded the max.
character limit. How can I get Excel to display this warning as the user is
typing, or better yet, automatically go to the next cell when the limit is
reached? Or is there a way to insert a "memo field" like Access uses? I am
being required to use Excel for this task.