Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to have a 'comment box' on a user form

How can I create a comment like box (like cell comment) on a user form. If a
user enters an area, this box shows up - no header, etc.

Is this possible??

Thx,

Perry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i take it you using VBE. if you go on to your userform and then selec
the control you want to change. Say for example you have a norma
userform with one textbox. The textbox comment must say "please ente
in a number "

if you click on the textbox and then check its properties you shoul
seen contoltiptext. enter in the value "please enter in a number " no
when a user moves the mouse over it is will pop up with "please ente
in a number "

hope thats what you mean

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can mimic it as long as the area where you want this to appear has a
control that has a MouseMove event.

I created a UserForm with a textbox and a label - the label is what I use
for the "Comment." The following set of routines put in the UserForm's code
module makes the comment appear whenever my mouse is over the textbox:

Private Sub TextBox1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As
Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)

Me.Label1.Visible = True

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()

Me.Label1.Visible = False

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As
Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)

Me.Label1.Visible = False

- K Dales

"pschmidt" wrote:

How can I create a comment like box (like cell comment) on a user form. If a
user enters an area, this box shows up - no header, etc.

Is this possible??

Thx,

Perry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yup - that's what I was looking for - thanks!

"funkymonkUK" wrote:

i take it you using VBE. if you go on to your userform and then select
the control you want to change. Say for example you have a normal
userform with one textbox. The textbox comment must say "please enter
in a number "

if you click on the textbox and then check its properties you should
seen contoltiptext. enter in the value "please enter in a number " now
when a user moves the mouse over it is will pop up with "please enter
in a number "

hope thats what you meant

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18135

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A good idea - and one i've used before. I didn't want to do this in this
case because I didn't want to take up the 'label room' on the form for
messages - just a little pop-up 'comment' box that I see all the time.

The previous post on controltiptext was exactly what I was looking for.

thanks.