Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update the list of a combo box, depending on another c.b

I have two tables, which is to generate a form.

- The first table has 8 different cost centers.
- The second table have a list of task numbers, and the linked cos
centres.

Each cost centre has a set of task numbers, but there is just one cos
center for each task.

I want to first pick a cost centre from a combo box. I then want th
task numbers in the second combo box to be unique for that cos
centre.

How can I do this? By a macro

--
Ctec

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2774
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52351

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ctech,

See xlDynamic's Dependent Dropdowns page at:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ctech" wrote in
message ...

I have two tables, which is to generate a form.

- The first table has 8 different cost centers.
- The second table have a list of task numbers, and the linked cost
centres.

Each cost centre has a set of task numbers, but there is just one cost
center for each task.

I want to first pick a cost centre from a combo box. I then want the
task numbers in the second combo box to be unique for that cost
centre.

How can I do this? By a macro?

--
Ctech

Ctech's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=523512

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Norman Jones:

I've tried to follow the tutorial you pasted. However Im still havin
some problems.... Im not sure what it is...

I have attached my file, so if someone have the time to take a quic
look at it. That would be great

|Filename: Data for for pack.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4483

Ctec

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2774
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52351

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do anyone know of any other tutorials to dynamic drop down lists, whic
I can read and try to find out the errors myself

--
Ctec

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2774
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52351

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ctech,

See Debra Dalgleish's page on dependent dropdowns at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ctech" wrote in
message ...

Do anyone know of any other tutorials to dynamic drop down lists, which
I can read and try to find out the errors myself?

--
Ctech

Ctech's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=523512

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ctech,

Few regular contributors would be prepared to open unknown attachments.

Try, instead, enunciating the specific problems that you encounter and show
the problematic code snippet(s).

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ctech" wrote in
message ...

Norman Jones:

I've tried to follow the tutorial you pasted. However Im still having
some problems.... Im not sure what it is...

I have attached my file, so if someone have the time to take a quick