Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Question

Hey everyone I have a macro question.....

I have a file for my business it contains several sheets and one maste
sheet.
Each "sub" sheet is for an individual community that i fix computer
in. There are some specific cells on each sheet that are alread
automatically place into a master.

I need a macro (if it's possible) that will recognize when I change
date, so when this happens place it into the master sheet AND place i
(and the associated data) into a separate sheet/report

--
shyne
shynee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3251

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't need a macro to achieve the updating of one field fro
another. There are numerous ways to achieve what you are doing but yo
could just have a named reference that auto updates onto another shee
using =<namedreference or =<range such as =A1 or =Sheet1!A1.

There are really elegant solutions that could be achieved with some VB
code that will look up the community name for the date you are changin
and update things from there.

If you really want to get fancy then you can write a form to captur
the data and update all relevant fields.

If this doesn't answer your question drop me a line a
with an attachment and I'll reply with
completed solution

--
amorrel
amorrell's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The easiest approach would be to change our approach. Create one sheet as a
database and make all your entries there. Add a column to indicate the
community. then you can easily write code or use build in capabilties such
as pivot tables to look at subsets of your data.

If you want to struggle with your current set up, look at Chip Pearson's
page on events

Probably the change event at the workbook level.

Tom Ogilvy

"shynee" wrote:

Hey everyone I have a macro question.....

I have a file for my business it contains several sheets and one master
sheet.
Each "sub" sheet is for an individual community that i fix computers
in. There are some specific cells on each sheet that are already
automatically place into a master.

I need a macro (if it's possible) that will recognize when I change a
date, so when this happens place it into the master sheet AND place it
(and the associated data) into a separate sheet/report.

--
shynee
shynee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32518
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=523041

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

trust me I would love to do that, it really would make life so muc
easier, but my partner....(person with real power) wants to continue o
with how he has it, he has used this way and does not want t
change....:( I have the technical skills he has the finances :