Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Positioning text Boxes on an excel chart

I have a line chart for 2 1/4 years of data.

The data looks like. (month, plot variable)

Jan-04 45
Feb-04 53
Mar-04 20
Feb-06 34

What I want is a Band on the top that has the years corresponding to
the month.

In the data above, I'd have band across the entire chart with 3 values
in it.
Imaging 3 text boxes butting against each other and displaying the
year.
First text box would say 2004. Second box would say 2005 and the 3rd
box would say 2006. Third text box would be 1/6th (2 months out of 12)
of the 2004 and 2005 boxes. I'd like to automate this through vba.

Any ideas?