Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default E-Signature by username

I have a spreadsheet application that we use in our office to produce
construction Bids. Our estimators currently insert an electronic
signature (scanned image of signature) into the Bid worksheet manually
(Insert -Picture- From File-). I am trying find out how to automate
the process with the use of a button/macro. If, user1 is working in the
worksheet and presses the button it will grab the user1 signature file
from the server and insert it into the sheet. Any ideas?

Thanks

--
maximus73
maximus73's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25877

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

With a macro
Sub Macro1()
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("D:\My Documents\My Pictures.gif").Select
End Sub

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

problem is they all access the same workbook to begin with. the pull of
the signature needs to be tied to a username. Like :

Sub Macro1()
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("D:\FileServer\current _user.gif").Select

maximus73
maximus73's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25877
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522752

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If current_user is a variable which is captured at an earlier stage, it
is OK ...
otherwise, you will have to ask for it with an inputbox ...

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i need help with the code for the macr

--
maximus7
maximus73's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2587

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim strSignaturePath as String
Dim x as Single
Dim y as Single

'These are the coordinates for where the signature needs to go,
'in points. The values will be different for you application.
x = 285.6
y = 285.6

Select Case Application.UserName
Case "EstimatorA"
str = "c:\signaturefolder\signatureA.gif"
Case "EstimatorB"
str = "c:\signaturefolder\signatureB.gif"
Case "EstimatorC"
str = "c:\signaturefolder\signatureC.gif"

'... ad nauseum

End Select

ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(strSignaturePath).Sele ct
With Selection.ShapeRange
.IncrementLeft x
.IncrementTop y
End With

"maximus73" wrote:

problem is they all access the same workbook to begin with. the pull of
the signature needs to be tied to a username. Like :

Sub Macro1()
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("D:\FileServer\current _user.gif").Select

maximus73
maximus73's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25877
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522752

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help. I think we are almost there. When I run the cod
I am getting:

Runtime error '1004':

Unable to get the Insert property of the Pictures class

??

--
maximus7
maximus73's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2587
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52275

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

why does the Insert work if i put in a complete path? if i use
variable for the path it doesn't

userName Ronbo Excel Programming 6 September 26th 05 03:19 PM
NT Username ceemo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 2nd 05 04:39 PM
Username Alvin Hansen[_2_] Excel Programming 3 September 25th 04 10:36 PM
username libby Excel Programming 8 April 25th 04 03:37 AM
Get NT Username Steven Pugh Excel Programming 7 February 20th 04 09:37 AM