Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Complex VBA question

Alright, I'm going to try to explain this the best way I know how to:

I work in a corporate real estate office and my boss is trying to keep
track of how many calls the sales guys are making to brokers and
corporate contacts. We have a field named "contacted" in our
CRM/database and he wants to pull metrics off this broken down by sales
guy.

Basically, we generate a report from Salesforce.com and pull it into
excel, the only problem is that it pulls data directly from the contact
table, which provides information that is linked only to the contact who
the call was placed to (salesforce currently doesn't allow joins in
report tables).

So, the report is a spreadsheet full of contact data, but my boss wants
to see what classification of account these contacts are part of. So I
need to query the Salesforce API to join the account and contact tables
and pull the account classification from that.

Then, I need excel to take a look at the rows and make separate sheets
for each sales guy. I want excel to copy the appropriate rows over to
new sheets for each set of calls by each sales guy (ie Tom has a sheet
of his calls, Bob has a sheet of his calls, etc etc etc). I know this
is some sort of for each loop or something, but i dont know exactly
how.

Also, how can I get excel to automate that join process?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks in advance!!

Joe

--