Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Generic pivot table data organizer?

Hi,

I have a table of the format of table 1 below that I need to get into
the format of table 2 below ready for being used as a pivot table. The
actual data set I'm using is MUCH bigger than this, and the thought of
doing this manually makes me shudder. I'm about to roll up my sleeves
to write some code to do it, but I can't help thinking someone must
have written some generic solution to this problem. Anyone ever come
across something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Table 1: BEFORE