Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto RenameTabs!!!

Hello,

Need help on Tabs within excel spreadsheets.

I have a spreadsheet that have multiple tabs. Each tab is labeled with
a name of an item I am selling.

I also have a Tab I call the master tab which has ALL the names of the
items on there. (i.e Grapes, Apples, Oranges, Banana's I am currently
selling.)

Each tab references the master tab to retrieve the item name and
information on there.

Each of the tabs look fine but if the order of referencing the cells in
the master tab changes, I then need to go into each tab and rename the
tab name to the correct item name that is on the particular tab.

For example, Sheet2 now has information on Apples as it references a
certain cell in the master sheet(Sheet1). So now I want to name that
particular sheet(Sheet2) to 'Apples'.
The following week the cell 'Apple' in the master sheet changes to
'Banana'. So now I want the 'Apples' tab name to turn to 'Banana'.

Is there a way in VB or simpler way to make this happen automatically?
I don't want to keep re-typing new names for each and every tab. (I
have lots of tabs in this spreadsheet.)

I don't know VB at all so if someone can give me a place I can go to
find this 'CODE' it would be much appreciated.

Please help!!!!
PS: I do not want to use MS Access right now.

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS GS is offline

Hi Maxwell-5000,

If I may make a suggestion...

It might be a lot simpler to manage if you indexed the sheets and used
hyperlinks on "Master" that point to each sheet for that item. So, for each
item on "Master", there's a sheet with info for that item. When you add new
items to "Master", add a new sheet for each new item.

You could manage the item names on "Master" with the hyperlink text. For
example, to create a hyperlink for sheet "Apples", in the cell where the name
is now enter:

=HYPERLINK(Apples!A1,"Apples")

which displays the name "Apples" in the cell containing the formula.
Clicking on the cell takes you to cell A1 on the sheet named "Apples".

This way, you don't need to change the sheetnames because each sheet will
always be for the same (one) item on "Master".

HTH
Regards,
GS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the 'Hyperlink' advise but I would like the name on the TAB.

Is there a way to do this?

Please help

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522313

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS GS is offline

Hi Maxwell-5000,

It would help if I could look at your file. If that's not a problem, you can
email it to me c/o

You'll need to put it in a zip file to get it through the firewall if it has
macros. Maybe when I see exactly what you're doing I can provide a solution.

Regards,
GS