Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros

Is there a way to use Macros to sort, subtotal, and format data in a
worksheet? If so, how?

Each morning I have the monotonous task of doing just that for several
spreadsheets (at least 15 and up). Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your data is well organized, you may well be able to simply record the
entire process. Before starting the ordeal, turn on the macro recorder
(tools / macro / record new macro, select 'in a new workbook'). Make sure to
limit your cell selections to the extent possible. For instance, to select
the entire data set, you can probably click in A1 rather than select the full
table. Likewise, format entire columns. Don't switch worksheets or
workbooks if you can avoid it.
When you've done everything you need, click the STOP button on the recorder.
Switch to the new workbook and save the file.
Now go to another file containing data to format, and Tools Macro Macros
and double click on the new Macro1. Is it formatted to your specs?
If that doesn't get it, you will probably need to make some tweaks in the
Visual Basic Editor to eliminate extraneous workbook selections, allow for a
variable number of rows, etc.