Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need to Sequential number an excel 2000 template.

I need to Sequential number an excel 2000 template. Help Please. I have
tried a piece of VBA code I found, and it works fine while still a
worksheet, but gets macro errors when Saved as a Template w/tracking.
Thanks :) for any help in advance.

--
Jdean
Jdean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32316

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It probably would have been helpful to say what code isn't working for
you. Here's one method:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

In article ,
Jdean wrote:

I need to Sequential number an excel 2000 template. Help Please. I have
tried a piece of VBA code I found, and it works fine while still a
worksheet, but gets macro errors when Saved as a Template w/tracking.
Thanks :) for any help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your site looks very informative, I think I will be able to find what i
looking
for there. Thanks. Whoops.Here is what I have tried

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim Quest As Integer
Sheets(1).Range("a9").Value = GetSetting("Counter", "Value"
ActiveWorkbook.Name, 1)
SaveSetting "Counter", "Value", ActiveWorkbook.Name
Sheets(1).Range("a9").Value + 1
Quest = MsgBox("Reset Key?", vbYesNo + vbCritical)
If Quest = vbYes Then DeleteSetting "Counter", "Value"
ActiveWorkbook.Name

End Su

--
Jdea