Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Possible to Filter a Listbox on a form?

Hi, I have a form with a listbox on it. The listbox is populated from a
range on a worksheet.

Is it possible to filter the list box so that it only shows the data
based on an entry in a text box or selection in a combo box?

Thanks for any assistanc offered

--
skuzapo
skuzapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27430

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

s,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213748/en-us
XL2000: How to Populate One List Box Based on Another List Box

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"skuzapo" wrote in message...
Hi, I have a form with a listbox on it. The listbox is populated from a
range on a worksheet.
Is it possible to filter the list box so that it only shows the data
based on an entry in a text box or selection in a combo box?
Thanks for any assistanc offered
skuzapo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your input Jim but does this work for one list box being
governed by the entry in a text box or a selection in a combo box?

--
skuzapo
skuzapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27430
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The referenced article uses two list boxes.
One box has a list of States in the USA.
When you select a state the other list box will display cities in that state.
Jim Cone

"skuzapo" wrote in message...
Thanks for your input Jim but does this work for one list box being
governed by the entry in a text box or a selection in a combo box?
skuzapo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The problem I'm having with this is that the list contains a few
thousand lines. I need to be able to filter the listbox to show just
one record - based on the entry in a textbox.

Any further help would be appreciated.
Thanks

--
skuzapo
skuzapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27430
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe...

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ListBox1.RowSource = vbNullString
ListBox1.AddItem TextBox1.Value
End Sub

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"skuzapo" wrote in message
The problem I'm having with this is that the list contains a few
thousand lines. I need to be able to filter the listbox to show just
one record - based on the entry in a textbox.
Any further help would be appreciated.
Thanks
skuzapo

How to filter listbox data in a form? Vinod Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 11th 10 02:01 PM
Filter Rowsource for Listbox Noah Excel Programming 4 December 9th 05 02:50 AM
Listbox and vba auto filter Tom Rudski[_4_] Excel Programming 0 November 18th 04 05:35 PM
ListBox filter GMet Excel Programming 5 September 27th 04 10:11 PM
Filter Listbox in user form Nikki[_3_] Excel Programming 0 August 29th 04 12:23 AM