Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting Reference to another WorkBook-Problem

I need to set a reference to a WorkBook containing a custom Function
which I wish to use in my code in the ActiveWorkbook. I seem to have
followed the necessary procedure but still draw the error message "Name
conflicts with existing module, project or object library"

The procedure is as follows: In the VBE, Tools--References--Browse to
locate required file--Select File : Click Open to add a checkBox of
VBAProject to the REFERENCES Dialogbox. At this stage, clicking OK
should complete the process with the required reference added and
evidenced by its addition to the Reference Module but I have the above
reported error to reward my efforts.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

David

--
davidm
davidm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20645

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change the project name of the workbook containing the functions
from the default "VBAProject" to something unique like
MyFunctions. To do this, in VBA go to the Tools menu, choose
VBAProject Properties, and change the name in that dialog.

Then, you can set a reference from another workbook to
MyFunctions.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"davidm"
wrote in message

[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks Chip!

It's great to have people like you around. I'm grateful.

david.