Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop-down leading to more Cells

Hello everyone,

I know this is possible but do not know how to make it.

I have two options in a Cell as Applicable and Not Applicable. This
is in a Drop-down menu and what I want is that when I choose
Applicable, it should bring up additional 5 or 6 cells for me to
complete. And if I choose Not Applicable, the additional cells should
not show up. The default would be Not Applicable.

Can somebody help please. Thanks in adance.

--
bengaluru
bengaluru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24188

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any help here please ???

--
bengaluru
bengaluru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24188
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520139

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

bengaluru Wrote:
Any help here please ???

Is there no one who can help me ?

--
bengalur
bengaluru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2418

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is your drop-down generated by DataValidationList ?
Or is it a combobox?

--
AP

"bengaluru" a écrit
dans le message de

bengaluru Wrote:
Any help here please ???

Is there no one who can help me ??

--
bengaluru
bengaluru's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520139

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think this is a feasible solution.

Your drop down should ideally be Data Validation on cells.
Then you use conditional formatting to make the additional 3 cell
appear when "Applicable" is selected and stay greyed out (defau
format) when "Not Applicable" is selected

--
jomn
jomni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=774

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes. My drop-down menu is generated by DataValidationList.

Thank