Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell input mask

Is there a way to create an input mask for a cell to only allow the entry of
letters or numbers (no symbols)? And if the user enters a symbol, I need to
display a message saying "Enter letters and numbers only."

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You cannot check an entry while it is being made. Nor control what the user
can type. After it's entered you can check it.

--
Jim
"Dan N" wrote in message
| Is there a way to create an input mask for a cell to only allow the entry
of
| letters or numbers (no symbols)? And if the user enters a symbol, I need
| display a message saying "Enter letters and numbers only."
|
| Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How can the entry be checked after it is entered? Can that be done
automatically? Can I still display a message stating the violation (of
entering symbols)? I only need to do this for one cell. Thanks for your
response.
- Dan N.

"Dan N" wrote in message
| Is there a way to create an input mask for a cell to only allow the entry
of
| letters or numbers (no symbols)? And if the user enters a symbol, I need
| display a message saying "Enter letters and numbers only."
|
| Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the Worksheet Change event. This article discusses the concept:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213373/en-us

--
Jim