Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Validation not triggering Change event in Excel XP

I'm developing an interactive workbook in Excel XP. Since I don't know how
many rows certain sheets will have ahead of time, I let VBA create "combo
boxes" for me by assigning validation lists to cells as needed when the
workbook opens. Instead of handling individual ComboBox_Change events, I
have one Worksheet_Change event and find out which cell changed through the
Target.Row property.

Unfortunately, one of my validation cells will NOT trigger the Change event.
What's stranger is that if I establish a breakpoint anywhere in the code,
then trigger the Change event and step through my code, everything works like
it's supposed to.

I see that there's a support article about how validation cells don't
trigger Change events at all in Excel 97
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;172832), but I
wanted to know if this bug was fixed in Excel XP. (Based on this
experience, my guess would be "kind of".)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jeff,

I have replied to your another thread in this newsgroup.
You may go and take a look!

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support