Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programming question

I would like to create a list box. My data is in columns A1, B1, and C1 in a
separate spreadsheet. I would like to populate the list with this data. I
would then like to create a formula or macro to give a square footage value
in D1 if A1 is a certain builder name and B1 is a certain house plan and C1
is a certain elevation type then D1 would pull the square footage
automatically. Two builders may have the same house plan name but the square
footage may vary.

Example:
Column A Column B Column C Column D
Builder name House plan Elevation =Square footage
Cardel Anna Maria A
Westfield Arbor B
Winward Anna Maria A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could do it all in Excel without any programming. Highlight each column
(less heading) in turn and use Data, Validation, allowing a List - you can
then set the source to the typed list of options (can't use another file for
this, only a different sheet in the same book but could create a link to
another file for this list). Then, I presume you're looking up the
names/plans/elevations from tables so you should be able to build up lookup
formulae that would work: look in the Lookup & Reference category in the
Paste Function wizard (Vlookup, Lookup, Index, Match, etc.). Worksheet
function help is quite good now, especially in that you get an example every
time.