Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fixed Asset/Depreciation formula

I am looking for a formula that will calculate the PV of a fixed asset
less accumulated depriciation at a given time. Example: I know the
following

Aquisition Cost: 100,000
Aquistion date: 3/24/2004
Monthly depreciation expense: 4500
PV at 12/31/2006: ?

TIA

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg

Take a look at all the financial functions in the Add-in
analysis tool pack ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To find the number of full months between two dates you can use a formula
like this:

=DATEDIF(AcqDate,CurrDate,"m")

So you could multiply that by the monthly depreciation. It gets more
complicated if you're not using straight line depreciation, but you are<g.

--
Jim
"GregR" wrote in message
oups.com...
|I am looking for a formula that will calculate the PV of a fixed asset
| less accumulated depriciation at a given time. Example: I know the
| following
|
| Aquisition Cost: 100,000
| Aquistion date: 3/24/2004
| Monthly depreciation expense: 4500
| PV at 12/31/2006: ?
|
| TIA
|
| Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Carim, I don't see a formula I can use in the Analysis tool pack

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim, we are using straight line depreciation and the formula you
suggested I used, but it is short 1 month. For example in the above
example the datedif is 33 months and the result I expected was 34
months, actually counting March 04 as an actual month. TIA

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess you have to add 1 to my formula. I know you can do that<g.

--
Jim
"GregR" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Jim, we are using straight line depreciation and the formula you
| suggested I used, but it is short 1 month. For example in the above
| example the datedif is 33 months and the result I expected was 34
| months, actually counting March 04 as an actual month. TIA
|
| Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim, yeah I got that one. Thanks

Greg