Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro to display items of a same type

Dear all,

I have never used Macro's before.

I have a simple invoice spreadsheet that list information such as date
received; supplier; amount etc.

One of the fields has a "Y" "N" filter to show if the invoice has been paid
or not.

I want to write a Macro that will extract all the lines of invoices that
have not been paid to a new spreadsheet (the invoice spreadsheet has roughly
5 sheets of invoices).

Any help will be much appriciated.

Thanks

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Richard,

Look at the possibility of using Excel's built in Advanced Filter feature.

If you are not familiar with this feature, see Debra Dalgleish's tutorial
at:

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

If you need to automate the process, turn on the macro recorder while you
perform the required steps manually. The resultant code may be edited to
provide more general application.

If you expreience ant problems with such editing, post back with details.

---
Regards,
Norman