Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autotab does not always work

I have a form that contains 2 sets of Textboxes. Each set is in a frame. ie
there are 2 frames. All the Text boxes have identical properties except for
MaxLength - it's 3 in one set and 4 in the other. The autotab feature is
swithed on.

When entering data manually, autotab works perfectly.

I am now using a speech recognition program to enter the data. In one set
of textboxes, autotab works well. In the other set, when maxlength is
reached, focus goes to the previous textbox (not the next one) in taborder.
I have naturally checked the taborder for all text boxes.

The following routine is associated with the set that works badly:

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
TextBox1 = UCase(TextBox1) ' converts entered text to uppercase
End Sub

And this routine is associated with the other set:

Private Sub TextBox2_Change()
Label1 = "" ' blanks a label elsewhere in the form
End Sub

There are also Exit event routines for the textboxes, but even with all
these subs disabled, autotab works in one set but not the other when using
the speech programm.

Any ideas??

Pierre