Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLL Memory allocation problem

Hello,

I have a problem with memory allocation in an XLL: in my XLL I
dynamically create a double array with approx. 1 million doubles. When
I call Excel (with the XLL) through the Visual Studio debugger,
everything runs fine. In the task manager I can see that Excel
allocates a couple of megs memory. However, when I run the XLL from
standalone Excel via the add-in manager, I get an exception when
allocating memory. Now, obviously, I don't want users of the
Excel-sheet to have to run it from Visual Studio... any ideas?

Many thanks,

Nat