Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Count Data Within Range

Dear All,

I have a spreadsheet with aroung 12, 500 lines. The sheet contains info
about trainees and values recieved for training. I wanted to count the
number of times a specific word, located in column J appeared against each
trainee.

Trainees are identified by a unique code in column B. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Where are you searching for the specific word? Assuming you are searching in
Col C thru I, put in Column K the foillowing:
=COUNTIF(C1:I1,J1)
and propagate to all cells in Column K.

Regards,
Antonio Elinon

"Sukh" wrote:

Dear All,

I have a spreadsheet with aroung 12, 500 lines. The sheet contains info
about trainees and values recieved for training. I wanted to count the
number of times a specific word, located in column J appeared against each
trainee.

Trainees are identified by a unique code in column B. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will count the number of times ABC appears against code of 123.

HTH

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B12500=123),--(J2:J12500="ABC"))