Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Step by Step Macro Help.

Hello helpers!

I need to know how to perform a step by step Macro. This is what I would
like to do:
I have a folder on a shared drive and within that folder I have several
excel files that need to all go into a master excel file. All the excel
files have the same format and same headings. The master will look just like
the excel files except it will compile all the files into that one
spreadsheet (the master). This is where I need help. Can someone give me a
step by step process to use?
For Ex:
1)Go to Tools
2)Go to Macro ---Select Record New Macro
3).....

That is about all that I know. Do I have to select all the files in that
folder and do something else? I am so confused! I need this info ASAP as I
need to implement this first thing in the morning for my boss!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

VBA tutorials:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

found after the Excel tutorials

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom thanks for your help, but here it the thing. This process has to be
automated because it will be a daily function with about 80-100 files in the
folder that need to be compiled into the master. This is very urgent but I
just need to know how do you get the files to compile in to the master
automatically? Do I have to hold the ctrl key down and select all the files
and then do something else? What is that something else? Tom PLEASE HELP
ME!! Thank you in advance!!!!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Miss Atlanta,
You are not going to have much success automating the process with VBA if
are not able to perform you routine manually.
Think about the Open..Copy/Move..Paste...Save...Close sequence that you will
have to achieve and record that.
See what you have and read about loops.