Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculator in Excel.

Hi Guys,

I built a calculator in Excel that does the following,

- VLOOKUP an amount from a pricing grid (For 4 different cells)
- Then takes the appropriate value from the pricing grid and multiplies
it by its corresponding cell value. (For all 4 cells)

The problem I am having is, if I don't add a value in one of the cells
I get a #N/A in my Total cell. Is there a quick solution without VBA so
that it doesn't have to have values in each, to compute the total?

I hope someone understands what I am saying. :s Cuz I sometimes don't
hehehe...

Alen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Possibly something along this line:
=if(iserror(vlookup formula),0,vlookup formula)

Tom Ogilvy

"Alen David" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Guys,

I built a calculator in Excel that does the following,

- VLOOKUP an amount from a pricing grid (For 4 different cells)
- Then takes the appropriate value from the pricing grid and multiplies
it by its corresponding cell value. (For all 4 cells)

The problem I am having is, if I don't add a value in one of the cells
I get a #N/A in my Total cell. Is there a quick solution without VBA so
that it doesn't have to have values in each, to compute the total?

I hope someone understands what I am saying. :s Cuz I sometimes don't
hehehe...

Alen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom!