Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Secundary Axis

Hi All,

This is a "Charting through VBA" question.

Is there any way to specify features for the secundary axis differen
for those of the Y axis (Xlvalue ).

I´ve tried this but it didn´t work.

For the main Y axis

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)

.HasTitle = True
.HasMinorGridlines = False
.HasMajorGridlines = False
.AxisTitle.Orientation = xlHorizontal
.AxisTitle.Text = "M€"
.TickLabels.Orientation = xlHorizontal
.TickLabels.Font.Size = 8

End With

For the Secondary axis

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary)

.HasTitle = True
.AxisTitle.Orientation = xlHorizontal
.AxisTitle.Text = "hh€"
.TickLabels.Orientation = xlHorizontal
.TickLabels.Font.Size = 8

End With

I,ve even tried

With ActiveChart.Axes.Item(2)

No way

Could anybody give me a clue over how to achieve it ?

Thank

--
ignhde
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume the missing dot's to attach to the "With" is an omission in the
post. But the main thing is if you want to refer to the secondary axis you
need to supply the second optional argument to "Axes", from help -

expression.Axes(Type, AxisGroup)

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary)
.HasTitle = True
If .AxisGroup = xlPrimary Then
.HasMinorGridlines = False
.HasMajorGridlines = False
End If
.AxisTitle.Orientation = xlHorizontal
.AxisTitle.Text = "M€"
.TickLabels.Orientation = xlHorizontal
.TickLabels.Font.Size = 8
End With

Also note

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary)

is the same as doing

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary)

because xlSecondary & xlValue both return the constant value 2, and
xlPrimary is the default optional second argument.

Regards,
Peter T

"ignhdez" wrote in message

Hi All,

This is a "Charting through VBA" question.

Is there any way to specify features for the secundary axis different
for those of the Y axis (Xlvalue ).

I´ve tried this but it didn´t work.

For the main Y axis

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)

HasTitle = True
HasMinorGridlines = False
HasMajorGridlines = False
AxisTitle.Orientation = xlHorizontal
AxisTitle.Text = "M€"
TickLabels.Orientation = xlHorizontal
TickLabels.Font.Size = 8

End With

For the Secondary axis

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary)

HasTitle = True
AxisTitle.Orientation = xlHorizontal
AxisTitle.Text = "hh€"
TickLabels.Orientation = xlHorizontal
TickLabels.Font.Size = 8

End With

I,ve even tried

With ActiveChart.Axes.Item(2)

No way

Could anybody give me a clue over how to achieve it ?

Thanks

--
ignhdez
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in