Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Source for toolbar for code within VBA?

Excel Experts,

Before my hard drive crashed, I had a toolbar within my VBA Environment that
would allow me to record procedures that wrote code.

For example, I recorded a procedure that would enter
"Cell.Find(What:="").Select

The toolbar was freeware that an MVP had suggested.

Can someone tell me where to get this?

Thanks,
Alan

--
achidsey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a built in capability of Excel.

You can record code by going into Tools=Macro = Record a New Macro.

I am not aware of any external product that does more than this.

Are you looking for a toolbar that provides a button to start the recorder?

Tom Ogilvy

"achidsey" (notmorespam) wrote in message

Excel Experts,

Before my hard drive crashed, I had a toolbar within my VBA Environment

that
would allow me to record procedures that wrote code.

For example, I recorded a procedure that would enter
"Cell.Find(What:="").Select

The toolbar was freeware that an MVP had suggested.

Can someone tell me where to get this?

Thanks,
Alan

--
achidsey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for a toolbar, go to tools=customize

on the first tab, select New

go to the second tab and in the first listbox select "Tools" and in the
second Listbox scroll down until you see "Record a Macro"

Drag that to the Toolbar you just created.

Then close the customize dialog. Is that what you wanted?

Tom Ogilvy

"achidsey" (notmorespam) wrote in message

Excel Experts,

Before my hard drive crashed, I had a toolbar within my VBA Environment

that
would allow me to record procedures that wrote code.

For example, I recorded a procedure that would enter
"Cell.Find(What:="").Select

The toolbar was freeware that an MVP had suggested.

Can someone tell me where to get this?

Thanks,
Alan

--
achidsey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Actually, it was a toolbar that would go inside the VBE and you could record
macros that would insert snippets of code.

Thanks,
Alan

--
achidsey

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

For your information, this was that add-in I was looking for.

available at http://www.mztools.com/v3/download.htm

Thanks,
alan

--
achidsey

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was thinking of that, but that functionality certainly isn't what comes to
mind when thinking of MZTools.

Kind of like saying a gray tail and expect someone to visualize Elephant
<g