Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I generate a report in Excel?

I want to generate a report in Excel using VBA Programming, which I can
generate report and modify its contents, get prints and chart for analysis
report. Get report from data for today, Month to date and year to date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Debra Dalgleish's site

Look at information on Pivot Tables and Filters.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tarique" wrote in message
I want to generate a report in Excel using VBA Programming, which I can
generate report and modify its contents, get prints and chart for analysis
report. Get report from data for today, Month to date and year to date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I generate a report in Excel? Why do most Excel books suck?

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Debra Dalgleish's site

Her book (and web site) looks like it provides helpful tips, but it's
written for non-programmers.

A book like the "Perl Cookbook" about Excel instead of Perl is whats
needed. It should have a short introduction on ADO, comprehensive
information on accessing Ranges (Cells/Offsets/Columns/Rows), examples
of user defined VBA objects (with Lets and Gets), and best programming
practices (i.e. Excel design patterns). It should include tips on
using addins, templates, frozen panes, sheet level form controls,
forms, examples of efficiently coded idioms, mail merging , and pdf
conversion.

Jwalk's books are very good, but they don't have enough serious
programming examples.

Another thing ... why is it that most Excel books are 400 or 600 pages?
If the books were smaller I think you'd see a lot more people reading
them during their morning commutes.