Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem:Query Cell contain Formula from QueryTable is always get old value

Hi all,

I've have a strange problem when query the cells that contain formula.
I've 2 workbook, Workbook1 that is query the Workbook2.
Workbook2 contain a querytable with fields : Emp_ID, EmpName, Absence
where EmpName is a VLookup Formula, so everytime I update the Emp_ID,
EmpName will be automatically changed.
When I update the Emp_ID, EmpName is changed, but the query is still
get the old value???!!!
But when I open and save the Workbook2 than the query result is
updated.
I try to put code "ThisWorkbook.Save" in event : ThisWorkbook_Change,
ThisWorkbook_Calculate, but still doesn't work.
What should I do? It's ridiculous if i've to open & save Workbook2
everytime I update the querytable.

Thanks,

Resant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It seem that I must force a workbook to calculate the formula.
Is it possible to calculate a closed workbook?

Please help me...

Thanks,

Resant