Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default querying a spreadsheet with formatted cells using ado

I have an excel macro that I use ADO to pull in the contents of another
spreadsheet. In the past I have had plenty of success without too many
problems on extracting data from another spreadsheet, however today I ran
into a problem and I was hoping someone would be able to help.

I have one particular column in my spreadsheet that is causing me a lot of
problems, the spreadsheet was supplied by a client and the column in
question contains zip codes. The zip codes can be of the US or Canada and
they have special format on this column for zip codes.

When I run the query on it, the fields with Canadian zip code don't get
pulled in. Any ideas as to why this is the case.

--
J. Daly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

J.D.,
Just a suggestion....
I see from a quick Google that Canadian post codes can be something like
"A1A 1A1", which is St John's in Newfoundland and Labrador, apparently.
Does ADO think this is a number in hex, convert it, then come to postcode
that cannot be convert/invalid hex and consequently not import the whole
column because it can't detect the data type.

NickHK