Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using VB In Excel

I'm not a programmer and I'm trying to learn how to write some VB code in
Excel.

Anybody have something written to generate a numbering system, and then use
the next available number to assign to a quote, and keep track of each used?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul (Not a Programmer)" <Paul (Not a
wrote in message
I'm not a programmer and I'm trying to learn how to write some VB code in
Excel.

Anybody have something written to generate a numbering system, and then

use
the next available number to assign to a quote, and keep track of each

used?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Hi, Paul. Really this all depends on what kind of numbering you want, how
you're generating your quote, and how you want this tracked.

If, for instance, you have a real estate loan calculator spreadsheet, and
you need to capture all the information about the customer, the property,
the credit history, and the loan parameters and values, plus insert boiler
plate paragraphs of text in a sales letter, and every quote number needs to
be sequential and unique, and you need to grab all the above data points
plus the agent's identification for tracking, you have one program.

If, though, you run a pest control service and have all five of your
services listed on a spreadsheet, and all you need to capture is the
checkmark by which service the customer wanted, the price quoted and the
address, with a generic order number based on the date and time, you have
another program.

Details are helpful.

Ed