Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check for blank arguments WITHIN Macro - how?

I need to check WITHIN a macro if an argument is blank. A cell, used a
argument, which has no value entered is in my case undefined, Exce
makes it zero, and I cannot find any way to test it.
I know I can do it BEFORE I pass an argument to the macro [e.g.
IF(A1="","whatever",A1)], but I like to do it inside the macro.

Is there a way? How?

Thanks in advance for any help / ideas.

Juerge

--
Juergen
JuergenL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2181

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if isempty(cell) then

or
if len(trim(cell)) = 0 then

if it must be a number

if not isnumeric(cell) then

Tom Ogilvy

"JuergenL" wrote in
message ...

I need to check WITHIN a macro if an argument is blank. A cell, used as
argument, which has no value entered is in my case undefined, Excel
makes it zero, and I cannot find any way to test it.
I know I can do it BEFORE I pass an argument to the macro [e.g.:
IF(A1="","whatever",A1)], but I like to do it inside the macro.

Is there a way? How?

Thanks in advance for any help / ideas.

Juergen

--
JuergenL
JuergenL's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518350

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick answer, I tried 'em all and but none work WITHIN
the macro. By that time the blank cell is already converted to zero, it
seems.

Juergen

--
JuergenL
JuergenL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21816

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What can I say. Perhaps someone who is psychic can help.

Tom Ogilvy

"JuergenL" wrote in
message ...