Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sending Email

I want to be able to send an automated email through outlook expres
which attaches an excel spreadsheet.

I have the following code which i used to use in outlook, but will no
not work in my current set up.

I've tried changing the Dim statment to look for outlook express rathe
than outlook but does not seem to like this either.

Do I need an add in to allow me to do this, or can anyone sugges
anything else

Thanks

Sub Send()
'Dim objOutlook As outlookexpress.Application
Dim objmessage As outlook.MailItem
Dim objAttach As outlook.Attachments

'Creates objects to send mail
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objmessage = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
Set objAttach = objmessage.Attachments

'Loads data into fields
objmessage.To = "robert smith ; martin Gore"
objmessage.Subject = "Stock Booked in By Day (DPS Report & Re
Report)"
'This is the messgage in the body of email that recipients see
objmessage.Body = "Dear All" & Chr(13) _
& "Please find attached the files containing stock booked i
and returned by day " & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13) _
& "Regards" & Chr(13) & Chr(13)

'Attach's file to message depending if Sunday then attach full wee
file.
'If Weekday(Now) = 1 Then
objAttach.Add "\\hmvnetapp1\data\finsys\daily\DPS Report.xls"
objAttach.Add "\\hmvnetapp1\data\finsys\daily\RET Report.xls"
'Else
'objAttach.Ad
"\\hmvnetapp1\strpublic\Finance\BaseBookingInRepor t.xls"
'End If
'Sets in expiriy time, just a housekeeping thing
objmessage.ExpiryTime = Date + 2
objmessage.Display
End Su

--
katmand
katmando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2980

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi katmando

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"katmando" wrote in message

I want to be able to send an automated email through outlook express
which attaches an excel spreadsheet.

I have the following code which i used to use in outlook, but will not
not work in my current set up.

I've tried changing the Dim statment to look for outlook express rather
than outlook but does not seem to like this either.

Do I need an add in to allow me to do this, or can anyone suggest
anything else

Thanks

Sub Send()
'Dim objOutlook As outlookexpress.Application
Dim objmessage As outlook.MailItem
Dim objAttach As outlook.Attachments

'Creates objects to send mail
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objmessage = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
Set objAttach = objmessage.Attachments

'Loads data into fields
objmessage.To = "robert smith ; martin Gore"
objmessage.Subject = "Stock Booked in By Day (DPS Report & Ret
Report)"
'This is the messgage in the body of email that recipients see
objmessage.Body = "Dear All" & Chr(13) _
& "Please find attached the files containing stock booked in
and returned by day " & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13) _
& "Regards" & Chr(13) & Chr(13)

'Attach's file to message depending if Sunday then attach full week
file.
'If Weekday(Now) = 1 Then
objAttach.Add "\\hmvnetapp1\data\finsys\daily\DPS Report.xls"
objAttach.Add "\\hmvnetapp1\data\finsys\daily\RET Report.xls"
'Else
'objAttach.Add
"\\hmvnetapp1\strpublic\Finance\BaseBookingInRepor t.xls"
'End If
'Sets in expiriy time, just a housekeeping thing
objmessage.ExpiryTime = Date + 2
objmessage.Display

katmando
katmando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29803
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518286

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that. I had found the site before but couldn't quite get the
code to do what wanted.
I'll play around with it a bit more

Cheers

katmando
katmando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29803
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518286

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi K,

I use the following very succesfully.

Sub email()
Dim OutApp As Object
Dim OutMail As Object
Dim EmailAddr As String
Dim Subj As String
Dim BodyText As String

EmailAddr = "
Subj = "Your subject"

BodyText = "your subject"

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

With OutMail
.to = EmailAddr
.CC = ""
.BCC = ""
.Subject = Subj
.Body = BodyText
.Attachments.Add ActiveWorkbook.FullName
.Display 'or use .send
End With

Set OutMail = Nothing
Set OutApp = Nothing
End sub

Les Stout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Les
Thats great, my only problem is that i'm using outlook express, and
this code opens outlook. I can't seem to find the application name for
outlook Express, to replace

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Cheers

katmando
katmando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29803
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518286

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With OE it is not possible to send files and text in the body.
The only option you have is CDO
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"katmando" wrote in message

Hi Les
Thats great, my only problem is that i'm using outlook express, and
this code opens outlook. I can't seem to find the application name for
outlook Express, to replace

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Cheers

katmando
katmando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29803
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518286

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron
I had a look at your site again before and figured as much..... Managed
to get a work around by using an example on your site.

Great site you've got there, very helpful

Cheers

katmando
katmando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29803
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518286

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron
Just tried the code you linked to, Excellent, A lot better than my work
around.

Thanks again