Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to show help for functions defined in addin worksheets

There is no direct support for parameter help for VBA UDF's. Laurent Longre
has a free addin which supposedly allows this.

http://xcell05.free.fr/

Tom Ogilvy

"AMD via OfficeKB.com" <u3276@uwe wrote in message
MS Excel shows help for its standard functions (like Sum(), Avg(),.) and
their parameters in the "Insert function" dialog. At the same time it is
possible to write your own functions in addin worksheet and use them in

the
same manner as standard functions. Is it possible to show help for

functions
and their parameters defined in addin worksheet? If yes, how can I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A recent post on Dick Kusleika's blog by Jan Karel Pieterse has
regenerated interest in this. I found a solution to do it without a
customized Dll or XLM sheets.

I've wrapped it in a classmodule and am currently working to get it
flawless and tested.

You (or others) can always mail me to get the beta version.

--
keepITcool

Tom Ogilvy wrote in

There is no direct support for parameter help for VBA UDF's. Laurent
Longre has a free addin which supposedly allows this.

http://xcell05.free.fr/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please send me the beta version and something like help to know how to use it.

If it is possible send sources also.

garbagebox
newmail
ru

Thank you.

keepITcool wrote:
A recent post on Dick Kusleika's blog by Jan Karel Pieterse has
regenerated interest in this. I found a solution to do it without a
customized Dll or XLM sheets.

I've wrapped it in a classmodule and am currently working to get it
flawless and tested.

You (or others) can always mail me to get the beta version.

There is no direct support for parameter help for VBA UDF's. Laurent
Longre has a free addin which supposedly allows this.

http://xcell05.free.fr/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

mail was returned. your account is 'temporary blacklisted' ??
mail me directly. use rot13 on sender or look in my signature.

--
keepITcool

AMD via OfficeKB.com wrote in <news:<5cb24328fb6f6@uwe

Please send me the beta version and something like help to know how
to use it.

If it is possible send sources also.

garbagebox
newmail
ru

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've send an e-mail from another address.
Subject is "From AMD".
Please send to that address.

keepITcool wrote:
mail was returned. your account is 'temporary blacklisted' ??
mail me directly. use rot13 on sender or look in my signature.

Please send me the beta version and something like help to know how
to use it.

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
newmail
ru