Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting non-Excel file properties

We all know how amazing Excel is but I'm probably pushing it a little
to far here, but here goes.

Is it possible to use VBA in Excel to return file properties (Last
Saved, File Size, etc...) for non-Excel files? Is it possible to CHANGE
non-Excel file properties? For example, is it possible to use Excel to
change the Album Title property for an MP3 file?

I have lots of MP3 files in various folders and I would like to use
Excel to update the various properties so that the correct information
will appear in my MP3 player.

I've seen lots of amazing things that Excel can do, so I always start
from the assumption that it can do anything. If Excel is not the
vehicle for doing this, can you suggest what would be? (Besides
right-clicking on the file and doing it manually -- too slow.)

Thanks,
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joseph,
Should be perfectly from Excel VBA.
Google for "VB mp3 tags" and you will get a selection. Here's one:

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB...gs/article.asp

NickHK

oups.com...