Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy/Paste Macro

One sheet one I have a table containing transaction data B4:J514 (th
first row is the header). In the "C" Column contains the transactio
date. Sheet one contains all transactions ever recorded.

One sheet two I would like to have a macro that I can select a mont
from a dropdown list and run the macro to see the transactions for tha
month populate in the fields E4:M30.

The reason a auto filter will not work is that I have some formula
that will do reporting based on the data in sheet 2 E4:M30.

I have already created a dropdown list (cell H2) on sheet 2 containin
the month/year I want to view. I am just not sure how to make the macr
to look for the dates on sheet one that match and copy them over.

Please hel

--
jermsalerm
jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3016

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you looked at the Subtotal worksheet function which will work with the
visible cells in a filtered range (it is multifunction - not just summing)

If that won't work, then you can still us an autofilter and copy the data.
Only the visible rows are copied.

sample code using an autofilter is at Ron de Bruin's site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm
Tom Ogilvy

"jermsalerms"
wrote in message

One sheet one I have a table containing transaction data B4:J514 (the
first row is the header). In the "C" Column contains the transaction
date. Sheet one contains all transactions ever recorded.

One sheet two I would like to have a macro that I can select a month
from a dropdown list and run the macro to see the transactions for that
month populate in the fields E4:M30.

The reason a auto filter will not work is that I have some formulas
that will do reporting based on the data in sheet 2 E4:M30.

I have already created a dropdown list (cell H2) on sheet 2 containing
the month/year I want to view. I am just not sure how to make the macro
to look for the dates on sheet one that match and copy them over.

Please help

--
jermsalerms
jermsalerms's Profile: