Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding row and column headers, scroll bars

When my command button takes me to my sheet, I want the sheet not to show any
row or column headers or scroll bars. I tried just going to the sheet and
unchecking the boxes under tools, but they come right back again when I leave
the sheet then return to it.

Is there a way to put code somewhere that tells those to be hidden when a
sheet is selected? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With ActiveWindow
.DisplayHeadings = False
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
End With

However, this is not associated with the particular sheet that is selected.
If you go to another sheet and change them, they will be changed for all
sheets in that workbook. You will have to use the activate and possibly the
deactivate events to manage them it you only want it to be that way on one
sheet.

Chip Pearson's page on events

Tom Ogilvy

"Anna B" wrote in message
When my command button takes me to my sheet, I want the sheet not to show

any
row or column headers or scroll bars. I tried just going to the sheet and
unchecking the boxes under tools, but they come right back again when I

leave
the sheet then return to it.

Is there a way to put code somewhere that tells those to be hidden when a
sheet is selected? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is great! Thank you. Can I add a line that will take all the toolbars
away also? I realized that I don't want want those either. Thanks!

"Anna B" wrote in message
When my command button takes me to my sheet, I want the sheet not to show

any
row or column headers or scroll bars. I tried just going to the sheet and
unchecking the boxes under tools, but they come right back again when I

leave
the sheet then return to it.

Is there a way to put code somewhere that tells those to be hidden when a
sheet is selected? Thanks

Missing Column Headers / Can't scroll to top RobynW Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 26th 08 10:47 PM
SCROLL BARS GSB Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 28th 07 05:03 PM
Turn off row, column headers, gridlines, tools, scroll in the webp bioyyy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 7th 06 03:15 AM
scroll bars vqthomf Excel Programming 1 February 6th 06 12:11 PM
Hiding Column and Row Bars. tamato43 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 21st 05 05:56 PM