Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing the Office Assistant

Good afternoon, all.

I realise that the Assistant is part of Office and not Excel, so (I think) I
understand why, when I record myself changing the assistant, nothing is
recorded.
The question is, of course, how DO I code a change of Assistant?

Thanks in advance

Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Peter,

In vba help look for the "assistant object".
One line in there says:
"The default Assistant is Rocky.
To select a different Assistant programmatically,
use the FileName property."

I provide no example as I have never used it.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Peter Rooney"
wrote in message
Good afternoon, all.
I realise that the Assistant is part of Office and not Excel, so (I think) I
understand why, when I record myself changing the assistant, nothing is
recorded.
The question is, of course, how DO I code a change of Assistant?
Thanks in advance
Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With Assistant
.On = True ' this sets the character
.FileName = "Rocky.acs"
.Animation = msoAnimationBeginSpeaking
.AssistWithHelp = True
.GuessHelp = True
.FeatureTips = False
.Visible = True
End With-- Regards,Tom Ogilvy"Peter Rooney"
wrote in message
Good afternoon, all.

I realise that the Assistant is part of Office and not Excel, so (I think)

understand why, when I record myself changing the assistant, nothing is
recorded.
The question is, of course, how DO I code a change of Assistant?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

This is just what I needed. Once I found all the .acs files, it was easy to
come up with code to switch to each Assistant.

Thank you!

Pete

wrote in message
Good afternoon, all.

I realise that the Assistant is part of Office and not Excel, so (I think)

understand why, when I record myself changing the assistant, nothing is
recorded.
The question is, of course, how DO I code a change of Assistant?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

Thanks for your help. I was able to use this in conjunction with Tom's code,
and once I found all the .acs files, I was able to code a meathod of
selecting whichever assistant I wanted.

regards

Pete