Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using both sum and average in subtotals

Hi,

I'm very new to excel VBA programming..can any body please suggest a
easy solution for the following:

I need to use both sum and average in subtotal function on different
columns at a time..

eg: Column A : Name
Column E: Rate
Column F: net value

I want to do sum on Column F and average on Column E for every change
in column A...

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do your data|subtotals
and use Sum for both columns

Then select column E
edit|replace
what: =subtotal(9,
with: =subtotal(1,
replace all

(9=sum and 1=average, right???)

If you've been really good, I bet you don't have any =subtotal()'s in that
column--except from the ones your data|subtotal added.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wow..thats perfect...u saved lot of time ..Thanks a bunch...