Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show range names in background

When you have range names in a worksheet and you set the zoom lower than 40%,
all range names appear in the background with borders around it.

Is there a way to show range names in the background in the same manner but
with a more user friendly zoom llike 75% or 100%?

I searched a lot on the web and all I found is the follwing:

Excel name manager highlights range names but it does not allow you to click
in the cells behing the range name. When you do so, you are in a text box
containing the range name, not in the cell.

I also found VBA functions that can be used with conditional formating.
Those functions scan all names in the workbook to test if the conditional
formated cell intercepts a range address. It works but since every single
names are scan in every single cell where the conditional formating is
applied, this method is not really efficient in large workbooks.

Any other suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may want to get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

This utility has the option of putting a textbox around each name to highlight
it.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply Dave but the Name Manager, which is a very powerful
tool, add a comment box "in front of" the range name so that you loose direct
access to the range. The only way to access cells in the range is to select
a cell outside the range (and the toolbox) and move in the range with the
arrows, which is less efficient than jusk clicking on a cell in the range.

There is a source code in Excel that shoes range names as soon as the zoom
is set lower than 40%. I just want to know how to disactivate the "zoom
condition".

Mushka wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the only way to get access to that code is to start working for MS in
the excel group that is responsible for this feature.

Doesn't sound like a likelihood, huh?