Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Screen view/Print techniques

I have a sheet that was designed in high-screen resolution. I am trying to
make it more friendly to my users that need the larger text on their screen.
I have accomplished this by shortening one of the long fields then zooming to
fit the screen. As well as letting that now-shorter field wordwrap and then
rows.autofit.
This works great for the screen and I can have it adjust itself for any
screen resolution by checking the zoom% that was set.

Originally I had the same sheet set up all of the print parameters so that
the data could be printed out with good formatting. Now the problem I am
having is that the word wrapped columns are making what used to be a 20 page
report over 100pages. What are some techniques that I could use to reset
the wordwrapped column back to a single line just for the print preview and
print, then automatically back to the larger row with wordwrapping for the
screen view?

I had thought about making a seperate sheet just for the print, but that
seems clunky. Are there some other possibilities?

What are the Auto_ type events that print and print preview can fire (might
be a place to put the copy to print-sheet code if that is my only or best
option)

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

I've tried to fix similar problems and the only thing that I could come up
with (it's not great) is to set each columns width to some huge number then
auto size the columns. This gets rid of the word wrap. I haven't needed to
return to the word wrap however.

It's not great but has worked.